Recipe: Baked Chicken Parmesan
May 31, 2017
Add some basil chiffonade for a pleasant spring or summer dish.
Prep time: 30 min.
Cooking time: 50 min.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch basil or 20 leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Butterfly or cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise to create 4 thin pieces.
- Dip each piece of chicken in beaten eggs, then in bread crumbs. Coat evenly then place in baking dish.
- Top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup marinara sauce.
- Bake chicken in oven for 30 minutes. Lightly cover with foil to prevent spattering.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle cheeses over chicken.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes, uncovered, or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees fahrenheit in the thickest piece of chicken.
- Heat remaining sauce and serve over the chicken or on the side
- If desired, chiffonade (stack and cut) the basil leaves; add on top of the sauce.
Serving size: 1/2 chicken breast
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 311 kcals
Protein 37.5 g
Total fat 9.2 g
Total Carbohydrates 19.1 g
Saturated fat 3.5 g
Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
Cholesterol 173.7 mg
Sodium 1175.5 mg
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and to find cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More great info also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.
Contact: Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center