National Diabetes Prevention Program
Next classes begin:
- Friday, August 4, 2017 from 12-1 pm
- Monday, October 2, 2017 from 5:30-6:30 pm
Prediabetes raises your risk for heart disease and stroke, and many people with prediabetes develop type 2 diabetes within 3 years. Are you at risk?
Click here to learn if you are at risk for prediabetes. If you are, contact your healthcare provider.
If you have prediabetes, we can help! Our Diabetes Prevention Program is a lifestyle intervention that targets improving diet, increasing physical activity and achieving moderate weight loss. Best of all it is open to the public, free to Anthem BCBS members and low cost for all others.
Click here to learn more about our program.
To be eligible for our program, patients must:
- Be at least 18 years old and
- Be overweight (Body Mass Index (BMI) ≥24*; ≥22 if Asian) and
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7---6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100---125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140---199 mg/dL
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes and
- Have no previous diagnosis of diabetes
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you have Anthem BCBS insurance:
- Please contact us at (970) 491-8615 to let us know you’re interested in the class (this step is extremely important, so that we can get an accurate registration count) - there is no cost as it is covered by Anthem.
- Click here for Referral Form. Give this to your healthcare provider to fax to Solera.
If you do not have Anthem BCBS insurance, you may self-pay:
- Click here for Referral Form. Give this to your healthcare provider to fax to us.
- Click here for Payment Information.
- Click on one of the payment boxes below to pay. This will register you.
3 payments of $120 each, due before classes 1, 10, and 16
Call today for more information: (970) 491-8615